Licensing & Regulation FAQ 1

Can a municipality use its own computers and software to design and print licenses or must licenses be purchased from the various stationary stores or printing firms that sell the forms?

This question most frequently arises with regard to liquor licenses, but the answer is the same regardless of what type of license is involved. A municipality can create its own license forms as long as the license form includes all information statutorily required. (rev. 6/21)