Building Inspection - Village of Whitefish Bay
The Village Board of the Village of Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin do ordain as follows:
SECTION 1. Chapter 11 of the Municipal Code, Preface To The Building Code, Rule I is hereby repealed and recreated to read as follows:
RULE 1.Uniform Dwelling Code
1. The State of Wisconsin, Administrative Code, Comm. Ch.22, Uniform Dwelling Code, as adopted and effective December 1, 1978 and Comm. Chs. 20,21,23,24 and 25 as adopted and effective June 1, 1980, and all amendments thereto, is adopted and incorporated in this Code by reference.
2. The Building Inspector and his delegated representatives are hereby authorized and directed to administer and enforce all of the provisions of the Uniform Dwelling Code.
3. Before issuing a Building Permit or a Heating Permit, the owner or agent of the property shall pay the Village all minimum, and any additional required fees, as set forth by the Village Board from time to time by Resolution.
4. It shall be unlawful for any person to erect, use, or maintain any building or structure in violation of any provisions of this Building Code or to cause, permit or suffer any such violation to be committed. Any person violating any provision of this Code shall, upon conviction, be subject to a forfeiture of not less than One Dollar ($1.00), nor more than Fifteen Hundred Dollars ($1500.00) pursuant to Section 17.04 of this Code. It shall be the responsibility of the offender to abate the violation as expeditiously as possible, and each day that such violation is permitted to continue shall constitute a separate offense.
5. It shall be unlawful to commence work prior to obtaining a permit. Double fees shall be charged if work is commenced prior to the issuance of a permit.
6. No inspection fee will. be charged for any building or buildings owned by the Village of Whitefish Bay. Permits shall, however, be procured for such work.
SECTION 2. All ordinances are parts of ordinances conflicting with the provisions of this ordinance are hereby to such extent repealed.
SECTION 3. This ordinance shall take effect and be in force the day after publication in the Whitefish Bay Herald.