120th League Annual Conference
With Engineering & Public Works Institute
October 24-26, 2018
Kalahari Resort, Wisconsin Dells
2018 League Annual Conference Agenda
Titles, speakers and times may be tweaked and are subject to change. Click on underlined titles to get workshop descriptions and speaker/presenter information.
8:00 a.m. Registration Opens!
9:00 a.m. Deep Dives Begin (two-hour workshops)
New start time!
- Baraboo Bus/Walking Tour: Historic Buildings, a New City Hall & Innovative Financing
- Developing Workforce Housing
- Planning For and Recovering From a Disaster Event
9:00 a.m. Mini Bar: Fundamentals for Municipal Attorneys (four-hour workshop)
10:00 a.m. Exhibit Hall Opens--97 Vendors!
Noon Light Lunch Buffet in the Exhibit Hall
1:00 p.m. General Session
1:30 p.m. Municipal Roundtable
3:30 p.m. Engineering & Public Works Roundtable
4:30 p.m. President's Reception (hors d'oeuvres and drinks in the Exhibit Hall)
5:45 p.m. Raffle Drawings for Exhibit Hall Gift Baskets
6:30 p.m. Table for 10 Networking Dinner (Each person pays his/her own dinner tab.)
7:00 a.m. 6th Annual WEA Trust/League Walk/Run
8:00 a.m. Continental Breakfast
9:00 - 10:15 a.m. CONCURRENT WORKSHOPS
- TIF 102: Development Incentive Proforma Analysis and Relation to Greater Community Goals
- Community Engagement Model for Comprehensive Plans
- Local Government Ethics
- Strategies for Supporting Businesses when Streets are Under Construction
- Municipal Partnering: A Smart Cost Reduction Strategy
10:15-10:30 a.m. BREAK
10:30 - 11:45 a.m. CONCURRENT WORKSHOPS
- Conditional Use Administration: A New Paradigm
- Can Small Communities be Cool?
- Local Government Ethics
- Construction Delivery Methods for Public Entities
- Toolbox of Pavement Preservation
Noon - 1:15 p.m. LUNCH/KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
1:30 - 2:30 p.m. CONCURRENT WORKSHOPS
- Preventing Harassment in the #MeToo Era: Leading Cultural Change to Strengthen Your Organization
- Arts + Creativity + Entrepreneurship = Local Vitality
- Best Practices for Bidding in a Strong Economy
- Regionalism & Community Success
2:45 - 4:15 p.m. CONCURRENT WORKSHOPS
- Legislative Update
- Large Community Roundtable
- Small Community Roundtable
- Ask the Attorneys
- Attributes of Successful Stormwater Management Programs
4:30 - 6:00 p.m. NETWORKING RECEPTION
7:30 a.m. Scrambled Eggs & Politics
8:45 - 9:45 a.m. CONCURRENT WORKSHOPS
- Grants 101: Public Funding Basics, Trends & Successful Strategies
- Go Pro! When Communities Should Hire an Administrator
- Ethics for Engineers
10:00 - 11:00 a.m. CONCURRENT WORKSHOPS
11:15 a.m. CLOSING ADDRESS
Hotel reservations will be accepted beginning June 1, 2018, and running through September 23 or until the room block is completely booked. Block Rate reservations ($115 Single/Double) will be available by calling Kalahari Resorts directly at 877-253-5466 and asking for League of Wisconsin Municipalities 2018 Block Rate.
Check out the 2017 Annual Conference photo album on the League's Facebook page.