- Focus on Energy Government Facilities Resources - Fire stations, libraries, office buildings, storage facilities and garages to name a few all have opportunities to save energy in their lighting systems, heating ventilation and air conditioning systems and system controls.
- New online resource supports sustainable energy use - Wisconsin communities have a new resource to boost their efforts to become more energy-efficient. A website launched by Energy On Wisconsin, a partnership between the Wisconsin State Energy Office and UW-Extension, is designed to promote sustainable energy practices through energy conservation and efficiency, renewable energy and bioenergy.
- Energy Independent Communities - a list of communities that either adopted resolutions or signed onto the program in a different manner.
- LED Street Lighting Cost Benefit Analysis Tool - The U.S. Department of Energy’s Municipal Solid-State Street Lighting Consortium has created an economic cost-benefit analysis tool to help cities and utilities estimate the costs and impacts associated with switching to LED street lighting.
- Milwaukee Revamps its Energy Efficiency Program - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Article, January 19, 2011
- "Best Practices Review: Reducing Energy Costs in Local Government" is a 2008 report published by The Office of the Minnesota State Auditor
- A March 2010 follow-up report contains updated information on the case studies that were featured in the original Review, and details the actual reduction in energy use and energy costs. The 2010 report also includes new financial resources that have become available since July of 2008.
- "Reducing Energy Costs in Local Government" Conference sponsored by the MPCA, League of Minnesota Cities, Minnesota Department of Commerce, Office of Energy Security, Association of Minnesota Counties, Minnesota Association of Townships, and Minnesota School Boards Association. Presentations are available online.
- The Center on Wisconsin Strategy and Green for All report: A Short Guide to Setting Up a City-Scale Retrofit Program (PDF) provides a model for cities to design and implement large-scale weatherization and retrofitting programs that address climate change, put people to work, and reduce working families' energy bills.
- Office of Energy Independence
- Saving Dollars by Reducing Energy Use: Milwaukee Efficiency Projects (PDF)
- The Power of Efficiency: Opportunities to Save Money, Reduce Pollution and Expand the Economy in the Midwest, A Report from the WISPIRG Foundation
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency: A comprehensive source of information on state, local, utility, and federal incentives that promote renewable energy and energy efficiency
- U.S. Communities Green Initiative
- Let's Go Solar