Intoxicating Liquors FAQ 4

Must an applicant for a temporary operator's license complete a responsible beverage server training course before he or she may be issued a license?

No. Wisconsin Statutes sec. 125.17(6) provides that "no municipal governing body may issue an operator's license unless the applicant has successfully completed a responsible beverage server training course." Thus, the training course requirement only applies to applicants for regular operators' licenses and does not apply to applicants for temporary operators' licenses.